Thursday, August 6, 2015

Summer 2014 Swim Exercise, Recuperation and Relaxation

Since we had two trips this past Spring (see Loreto trip) we aren't going anywhere this Summer.  I've been taking a Swim exercise class at the local Junior College, Pierce.  This class started June 16th and ends August 4th.  Since Pierce is less than 5 miles away it is a great location.  They have two swim exercise class, one for people recuperating from an injury or just beginning to exercise and a swim aerobics class. The Aquatic Exercise class is created for beginners and those that need rehabilitation from injuries or chronic issues, like myself.  Since I injured myself, when I fell out of my Aunt's bed and my own bed, I need this.  In this class I can improve my flexibility, strength, endurance and cardiovascular fitness.   Both classes are done with music which makes the class fun and keeps us motivated. This Thursday is our last class till mid September.  This gives me time to do something fun with Natalie or visit family before she starts school August 24th.  I've really enjoyed my swim exercise class and have made a few new friends.  It's easier to work in water but then hours later I'm wiped out with sore and week muscles and only sleep on my brain..  Sometimes I'm wiped out in the middle of class.  Even though I'm tired and sometimes a bit sore, the music and camaraderie keeps me motivated.


Pools at Pierce College


We had a storm a few weeks ago and we couldn't try out our mini pool.  We got one that is 12 feet in diameter and 36 inches high.  It isn't much but great to cool off and play in.  Yesterday Natalie and I played with our noodles and got wet.  Today, after class I ate an egg sandwich with colby jack cheese and took a 3 or 4 hour nap.  that is a long time to sleep but I was wiped out after swim class.



We got one that is 12 feet in diameter and 36 inches high.  It isn't much but great to cool off and play in.  Yesterday Natalie and I played with our noodles and got wet.

  This is a similar pool to the one we got.  Eventually I want a huge above ground pool with hard sides.  Some of them can be put into the ground and can use salt water.  Salt Water would be so much better than chlorine any day.

Today, after class I ate an egg sandwich with colby jack cheese and took a 3 or 4 hour nap.  that is a long time to sleep but I was wiped out after swim class.  I've only lost a few pounds but I'm able to get into clothes that I haven't worn in over 10 years.  I think how my clothes fit is a better indicator of how my body is doing. I'll have to take a recent picture.  I feel emotionally calmer and able to handle the everyday problems of the day.



No comments: