Friday, September 3, 2010

Have you heard about the Sketchbook Project?

The Sketchbook Project: 2011


I saw an ad for the sketchbook project and was curious about it. For $25 a person can get a moleskin notebook (the kind my daughter has been drooling over for years). When the person signs up they choose a theme and then once they get their sketchbook they draw anything to do with their theme.



Red Sketchbook

Then in late October the person sends their journal to The Sketchbook Project 2011 and during 2011 all of the sketchbooks (from all over the world) are toured in different cites.
I showed this to Natalie, who's almost 13, and asked if she wanted to do this. She said Yes!! Her theme is nightime stories and she has already done many pages (we didn't get her book till a few weeks ago). She's really having fun with it. I tought about Natalie because she is drawing amazing pictures.  She will need to be done by early January, 2011 and have it mailed by January 15, 2011.  Once the tour is overwith, the books will be placed in the The Brooklyn Art Library, for anyone to check out.  Then the author/artist of the books will be notified on where they books is going.  Just think to have your own book in a library!!  How amazing is that!  Natalie quotes, "it's wierd."


Cat drawn in 2008


My Desk top.  Drawn online by Natalie 8-31-2010

The closest place the tour will be, to Los Angeles, is San Francisco, California.  Can you think of a better reason to go to San Francisco?  Ok I'll admit I can say I broke a nail and want to go. lol  The last time I visited San Francisco was when I was pregnant with Natalie.  Whew!  I'll think of any good excuse to go.



Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California

If you want to join the project, you need to 1) Sign up by:  October 31, 2010

2) Postmark book by:  January 15th, 2011  3)  Tour starts:  March, 2011

Go to http://www.sketchbooktour.com/ for more information.








New Friend Fridays
 
The Girl Creative Party Blog

No comments: