Friday, August 6, 2010

Why do reunions cause so many emotions?

Why do reunions cause so many emotions?  I'm all excited and nervous about attending.  Then I'm feeling insecure because I weigh too much and other stupid things.  Then when I'm there I'm in a daze because there is so much going on.  When I went to mine a few weeks ago, I found out that one of our classmates had died in a train crash.  I knew about the crash, because it happened nearby, but didn't learn till 8 years later that one of my fellow singers had died.  In the early 90's another fellow singer had killed himself because he had AIDS.  It wasn't easy to be gay at that time.  I wish I had pictures of them from high school.

me

Friends from my Choirs at Santa Monica High.  I think everyone looks great for 47 and 48. :)
Tonight I was lying on my couch snoozing because my daughter and her friend were using the computer in my room.  I was feeling the warm breeze and petting my cat and then dozed off.  Later on I hear loud singing and think, what the heck is that?


Glee: The Music, Volume 3 Showstoppers
Well I sat up and looked at the TV and realized it was the show GLEE.
I have been wanting to watch the show but hadn't.  I didn't get to see the whole show but I liked what I saw.  During the show, one of the young men were singing,  I started to think of my friends who are no longer with us.  I was feeling so sad.  I remember feeling proud because they were my friends and they sang like angels. 
Now I feel a bit melancholy but I'm also at peace.  This blog is dedicated to my friend's Scott (Lad) and David.

May the archangels continue to sing with you in heaven.


Pie Jesu, Pie Jesu,

Pie Jesu, Pie Jesu,

Qui tollis peccata mundi;

Dona eis requiem,

Dona eis requiem  


I sang Pie Jesu in my head while I looked for images of Angels.





New Friend Fridays



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. You are very beautiful, enjoy your reunion! Glee is my favorite TV show, and Pie Jesu is simply an incredible piece of music. Sarah Brightman sings it beautifully! So glad I found you! Marcia

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

What a lovely, heartfelt post. Enjoy going to your reunion, they are always such fun!
I, too, love Pie Jesu....it is so beautiful!
Jil

Rebecca said...

I went to my class reunion last year and several people had died-it's a sad, weird feeling-they're the same age and it makes you think how times have changed and how carefree you were then. I'm so sorry!

Valrie said...

It is admirable that you carry their memories in your heart, keep doing so and they will live forever in time by those like you who cherished the value of friendship.

I invite you to come meet and grett your new friends over at

http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com

or http://cansforcookiesustroops.blogspot.com

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

Everyone, Thanks for your kind words. I actually went to my reunion a few weeks ago. They always have a post of those that left us since we graduated in
1980. Of course Glee made me nostalgic, especially since I had just seen some of my singing friends recently.

Alana, Author of Domestically Challenged said...

Good for you! I skipped my reunion. It just caused me too much anxiety at the time.

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

It always causes me anxiety too. At the 10th and 20th none of my close friends showed up. This time I went with a close friend,James. He is the one that did the photo colages. It is fun to see our before and after pictures. I wasn't planning on going to my 30th but I was reconnecting with people on facebook, so it made it easier.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.