Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kurt's Birthday Party Part 2


The day of the party started out very warm but early evening cooled off but was real lovely and still warm enough to eat alfresco (outdoors).  After dinner we had a brownie cake and a lemon jello cake made by Kurt's sister, Cindra.  We had family from his and my side and we all enjoyed a relaxing evening. 



Emily, Jackie,& Matt, Kurt's nieces and nephew with Natalie, my daughter.


My mom, my stepbrother John, My Step-dad Lon and Valerie.


I wanted the party to be special with out spending a lot of money.  I used 99 cent navy blue cloths, on sale from Party City and Party City napkins.
Natalie and I painted 4 runners for the long dining tables. I had borrowed tables from both sets of parents.  We used contact paper in plain white and painted them to match the napkins.  This was a fun way to decorate on a budget and give the party a unique look.  Even after the party the runners still look good.  I'm going to save them for another time.

The Napkins





Navy Blue cloth with White Runner painted by Natalie and I.

John and Kurt



 After everyone left, our neighbor and friend John stayed with us and talked.  The candles were still flickering and it was a wonderful way to end a great party.  Kurt was happy we had all done this for him.

Part One is here


This post is linked to these parties:
A Diamond in the StuffHookingupwithHoH

Find this party here
OrganizingHomelife.com


No comments: