Sunday, January 27, 2013

This is Me: A Self-Portrait Journey for 2013

I've decided to join the "This Me Journey" over at While Wearing Heels Self Portrait Party that is going on the last Friday of the Month.  Here is a recent picture of me and my family.  I'm usually very selective about what pictures I show, but for this journey I'm going to make it real.  If I want to be very real I should show my bed head.  I told my daughter that my bed head would win contests.  Ok I don't think the world is ready for that. lol


 I'm self conscious because my hair has been thining since I was in my 20's.  I used to have thick curly and crazy hair that I kept short.  In addition to that my fibromyalgia has caused me to gain weight so I feel like a rolly polly.  The reality is that I need to accept who I am.  In addition to getting organized in my home I'm working on getting healthier.  Since I hate to swallow pills, and have enough medicine for that (8 a day),  I've started to eat chewable vitamins.  I'm taking prenatal vitamins (at age 51!!!) for my hair and now I'm taking chewable probiotics for my digestion.  My next step is to walk more.




Here is a recent picture of me and my family.  We went to the last breakfast Buffet at a local restaurant called Sierra's.  They had their main restaurant and the "taco stand" place called Mission Burritos in 
Canoga Park, California (a suburb of Los Angeles) for the past 60 years.  We had Sierra's do the food for my mom's 80th (in 2010) and visit the Mission Burrito, in West Hills all the time.  Luckily, the owners are planning on reopening their restaurant in another location.  

While Wearing Heels
Click here to find Link Party

Why don't you join me on your own Self Portrait Journey.









3 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Katharine! I am thrilled to have you join the self portrait challenge. Much like all the rest of us, when we look at our own pictures, all we see are the flaws BUT when we look at each others' pictures, I can see so much beauty...your self portrait is no exception. You such a warm and inviting face...it probably has a lot to do with your big smile and kind eyes. I love that you kept it real, the bed head hair reminds me of when I rocked some big hair in the 80s. I still am a fan of big hair...even in bed head form. Thanks so much for joining along, I can't wait to see next month's picture.

Dwell on Joy said...

HI there! Stopping by from Amy's portrait challenge! Your post is so honest, which makes me love it even more :) Though I must say that I would rival you in a bed head contest. My husband says I look like an 80's hairband groupie! Happy Sunday!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Katherine you took the words right out of my mouth, I also need to accept who I am. It's funny like Amy said I do see the beauty in everyone else and sometimes think, what is she talking about, but the truth is I couldn't take a full shot of myself, so I applaud you overcoming your feelings to do so :)