Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12th is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day


Fibromyalgia is when you feel pain in all 4 parts of your body.  I affects your health in many ways.  I was diagnosed in November 2005 after not being able to walk far and other symptoms.  I went to see a rheumatologist.  I ended up having to quit working as a substitute teacher.  I want to teach and hope that one day I'll be in remission and symptom free.  Right now I'm working on fixing my eating habits and learning to deal with stress better.   






The jokes are funny but having fibrofog makes you feel stupid when you aren't.  There are days I can't remember simple words like the color blue and have to talk about something in a round about way to get my point.  My daughter and husband are used to this but I'm sure it's frustrating to them too.

"Fibromyalgia patients often experience a loss of mental clarity and problems with memory. Dubbed "fibro fog," this side effect of the syndrome can have a significant impact on patients' lives." source


Go to this link to read about the Spoon Theory.  The spoon theory explains what it is like to live with a chronic illness like fibromyalgia, lupus, and other autoimmune diseases.






Sources


Just in case the link doesn't work, click below:
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/

To find out what fibromyalgia is:
http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/guide/what-is-fibromyalgia

More about fibrofog:
http://www.health.com/health/condition-article/0,,20326433,00.html


2 comments:

Lisha @ 1house1couple said...

It is extremely difficult to live with constant chronic pain. I feel for you. My aunt does not have fibromyalgia, but was in an accident over 7 years ago and is still in horrible pain in her jaw, neck, back, etc.

I will pray for an easement of your pain, because miracles can happen.

~Lisha

soslought said...

have a peek at this web-sitethis page find thisvisit site see it herelook at this website