Saturday, September 10, 2011

You'll Never Walk Through a Storm Alone

Saturday AM we had a short and fast storm with rain, thunder and hail. It came left quicker than it came. One of Natalie's friends, said on Facebook, that they were afraid and Natalie and her friend walked over to be with the scared friend. That is what friends do, be their for their friends when the friend feels alone. Even though I already talked about 9/11 I wanted to sharethe song, "You'll Never Walk Alone".  The rest of the day Natalie and a group of friends went to each others houses and goofed off.  I have another friend, here for a sleepover.  Natalie and her friends were only 2 or 3 years old when the US was attacked on 9/11/2001.  On days, like this, they seem innocent and oblivious to what is happening around the world. I know that they take the world and the things that are happening serious.  They don't know another world but what we've been living the past 10 years.  I was never afraid of storms, but this generation of children have been exposed to too much.  Kids were kept more innocent and I'll admit ignorant as a child when I was young.  I'll be 50 next month and the kids today live in a totally different world.  The internet and other media have ruined the innocence of youth today.  I just want us all to remember that we don't have to walk alone.


Originally this song was made for the movie "Carousel" Here Barbara Streisand sings it at a past 9/11 memorial.






Photobucket

No comments: