Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy New Years 2017





If you want to create a Facebook Image for your profile it's easy.  You find a background and size it to 828px x 315px.  This means you resize the picture to this size.  I use either Picmonkey or Ribbit (formerly called Picnik).  Ribbit has a lot of really fun free frames.  They used to have more free and I used to have tons of fun (not to be redundant) with them.  Now a lot of my favorites you have to pay for.  It's ths same with the Picmonkey frames.  Right now I can't justify paying for their fees because I'm not selling anything, like I used to sell Barbies, or making any money on my blog.  I'm doing it just for fun (ok need to think of a better word) for my enjoyment.


Right now I'll walk you through a mini tutorial on how to resize a photo.

I'll do this in Picmonkey:

There are tons of fun free images online.  You can find free Facebook Images free too.  Right now I'll create a new one by looking up New Years Images.  Google: New Years Images...














This is what the page will look like.  You will click on Open and find your image that you saved on your computer.  I put mine in New Years folder.  I have a folder for EVERYTHING.  Your screen will then look like this:




Once we are done I will go to my Facebook Page.  https://www.facebook.com/katmeowrine

Right now my page looks like this:


If you move your mouse to the upper left hand corner it will hover over "update your facebook cover".  I will do that and add our new image by clicking upload image.  I'll find my image in my New Years folder (do you see why keeping things in folders is important?).  Then I'll click save.  Go to my Facebook Page to see the end result.

Here are two other Facebook Covers I've created in the past plus more New Years images I've saved over the years.  Again, go to my Favorite Digital Images Page to see where I get my stuff (see top of blog).




Facebook Cover

Another Facebook Cover









I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  Let me know what you think.