Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Green Watergate Salad for St. Patrick's Day


For St. Patrick's Day this year I plan on making Watergate Salad since it's made with pistachio pudding.  Beautiful green pudding!  What could be more perfect for our favorite green day.  I love any excuse to make this salad.  I don't eat it all the time but I just love the taste.








Watergate Salad: 
 
what you need:


1
Can  (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1
Pkg.  (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding

1
Cup  Miniature Marshmallows

1/2
Cup  chopped Pecans (optional)

1-1/2
Cups  Whipped Cream or Whipped Topping, like Cool Whip


Make It
COMBINE first 4 ingredients in large bowl.

STIR in Whipped Cream
REFRIGERATE 1 hour.

Important Info:  If you are using Cool Whip, defrost it for at least 4 hours.  Do not, I repeat Do not defrost in the microwave.


If you want to learn more about how Watergate Salad got it's name, see this post.


No comments: