Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm going to be in an Al Pacino Movie

Last Friday I got to see the band "Chicago" at the Greek Theater.  My friend Wendy won VIP tickets from K-COST 103.5.




  I was so excited to go see one of my long time favorite groups.




When we got there we found out that there was going to be a movie filmed during the intermission and that we needed to stay in the audience if we wanted to see Al Pacino.  Are you kidding? of course we wanted to see Al Pacino.  After a short time we were led to a private party on a deck where we got free drinks and then led to the Hospitality Lounge where we had finger food.  Al Pacino wasn't the only celebrity we saw.  Wendy and I met June Lockhart, the mom from the TV Show, "Lassie" and "Lost in Space".  She is so beautiful and gracious in person.

Finally we went to our seats and we were way back so I wished I thought of bringing binoculars but that didn't take away from seeing "Chicago" live.  What I really enjoyed was when the different instrumentalists were able to do their solos.  There are 9 or 10 members up there playing all sorts of instruments.  I especially enjoyed the trombonist, James Pankow.  He had such spirit and was fun to watch performed. 

Here is a similar concert at the Greek Theater this past May.



At the time of intermission they asked everyone to stay and we were extras in Al Pacino's movie, "Imagine" that is being filmed.  


Here are some videos from that event:

This is when the audience sings "Hey Baby Doll" with Danny Collins (Al Pacino)


This is at the end of the concert when Al Pacino joins Chicago for the song 25-or-6-or4 (the two links are to fan videos).





Talk about a fun evening!  Many thanks to my friend Wendy. 

1 comment:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

How fun! That's an amazing story, the concert would've been fantastic but ending up a star, how fun :)