Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Banner Using Dollar Store Doilies



Last year I started to create two Easter Banners.  One for my mom, who we celebrated with and one for myself.   Originally I was going to make a Valentines Banner and picked up red,pink and white heart doilies at The Dollar Tree.  Well when they had tulip doilies I had to get them for Easter.




  My mom loves Yellow Tullips so I've made one for her and one for me.  I gave it to my mom for Mother's Day instead.  Even though it says "Happy Easter" it's a cute Spring project.


First I glued the yellow tulip doiles to card stock in bright orange, green and pink. On top of the tullip doilies I glued vintage images which were found on several websites (see bottom of post for links) and printed them out in 2x4 or 3x5 sized images.







After that I punched in holes with a single punch.  I chose to make 5 tulips per banner but you could make more.  I think it works best of you use odd numbers.  After I had the holes punched I threaded  green ribbon for my mom's.  

This year I found some cute purple twine at Michael's.  I'm using that for my banner.



What I like about this project is that it can be modified to meet different styles, holidays, materials and more.


I want to make more banners for other holidays and occasions.  Maybe I'll make one for 4th of July with vintage images, like the ones I have here.

Spring Flowers Pictures, Images and Photos

These are some of the images I used
from Magic Moonlight Free Images









Spring Flowers Pictures, Images and Photos



The Graphic Fairy  Then look under the Easter Category.





Spring Flowers Pictures, Images and Photos



From BumbleButton I got:




Spring Flowers Pictures, Images and Photos


Some of the images,I posted, were used for my mom's banner.  I'm so excited about all the images I found. I'm grateful to all the websites and blogs that are willing to share these free images.  If you have a favorite site for free vintage images please share in the comments.  I save my images, for most holidays, here.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

thats an awesome idea! i cant wait to try DIY

Delightful Ideas

Target Giftcard Giveaway


Chenille Cottage said...

What a darling banner! I love your clever use of dollar store doilies along with so many sweet vintage images.
Blessings and Happy Easter,
Carolynn xo

Banners Portland said...

Have just encountered your page and I guess you should be complimented for this piece. More power to you!