Friday, May 6, 2011

I Won a Sketch of my Home by Amy of Maison Decor

A few months ago I won a free sketch from Amy of Maison's Decor.  I'm always admiring everything about Amy's house and blog.  In addition to be an amazing interior designer she does lovely sketches of her home and other people's homes.




Well I entered her contest and said that this is the first home that my daughter knew and it would be wonderful if she had a picture of the house for when she's older. Four people, plus myself won and I'm so excited. Life got in the way and I was having computer issues so it took this long to get the photos to Amy.  I finally send 4 pictures to her.  I was told we could create a bit of fantasy with the pictures.  We bought our home when I was 6 months pregnant and it had no sprinklers in the front or back.  Natalie's Dad and our neighbor Roy, who was 81 at the time, dug trenches and created a sprinkler system.  I helped with the landscaping and even Natalie tried to help too.  I told her I wanted roses added into the trellis and the porch chair to look like wood instead of plastic.  I also gave her some ideas of what my landscape consists of.  I know this is something that Natalie and I will treasure forever.




Here are the photos I sent her:

Natalie, 19 mo trying to help Daddy with the sprinker system. 1999

Spring, 2001

Spring, 2001


Check out Amy's Blog to see more magic.  If you like Shabby Chic Decor, you will love Amy's home.





4 comments:

Shelby said...

Thanks for stopping over at my blog and leaving comments - it means so much to me! I love that you won this contest! I bet the end result will be a priceless treasure. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the winning...that's awesome. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my waterbottle, but what is a pinterest page? Sounds interesting.
Hugs
Brenda

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

Her sketch is wonderful--and will be a memorykeeper for your daughter someday!

yanmaneee said...

cheap jordans
supreme hoodie
nike react
yeezy shoes
jordan 1 off white
off white hoodie
jordans
yeezy boost 350
birkin bag
yeezy shoes